Private Adoption Package
We designed a great discounted package of services
just for families pursuing a private or independent adoption.
This package is already discounted 5%, but by using the coupon code provided by your adoption professional (if they are a Member of our Partner Program) you will receive another 15% off this purchase (and future purchases!). If your adoption professional is not a part of our Partner Program, ask them to consider it so you can get a discount.
Adoption Education Courses
My Adoption Advisor is a leading provider of on-demand adoption education courses that are economical, efficient, and effective. Our adoption training programs are skill-based sessions. This means that you will come away with actionable skills to improve your chances for a faster and safer adoption with the right birth family.
With each course you get the notes, exercises, and other downloadable content that allow you to move from awareness of ideas all the way through to the implementation of them.
Within one business day after your purchase we will send you instructions for accessing these online courses.
A solid understanding of prospective birth families is the foundation on which everything else you do in adoption is built. Start from a position of understanding and empathy, create additional opportunities to connect with the right expectant parents, and be emotionally and intellectually prepared.
Learn how to create an effective adoption profile that garners attention, pulls readers in, and creates many opportunities for connections to develop.
Develop a personalized adoption advertising and networking plan that you are comfortable with and can afford and that will increase your chances for a faster adoption.
Sometimes it’s good to learn through experience. This is NOT one of those times. Regardless of whether you are pursuing an agency or private adoption, you must be able to distinguish between those adoption professionals and potential birth mothers who are trustworthy and those who are simply trying to take advantage of your “I’ll do whatever it takes” desire to adopt.
“Learning by doing” isn’t good enough when it comes to establishing a relationship with prospective birth parents. Avoid the mistakes that could cost you a match. Be prepared to answer their questions, appropriately ask your own, and properly manage each phase of the process – beginning with 1st contact.
We will help you select just the right photographs and then guide you as you develop meaningful text that shows who you really are and what life will be like for your child. We will take your photos and text and develop a one-of-a-kind, tasteful design for your profile. When you are completely satisfied we will then create your matching website.
We make it easy for you to select photographs and write your text. You will get a print-ready and email-ready PDF of your adoption profile and we promise that your adoption profile will be as unique as you are in both content and presentation.
With this service you get an adoption profile website that has the same quality “look” and personality as your paper-based profile. You also get your own website address, weekly website traffic reports, matching e-mail addresses, and much more.
Even when families have a great advertising and networking plan, putting it into action can be a big struggle. There are so many questions you need to answer. Our toolkit focuses on answering your implementation questions.
Our online toolkit resides in a password-protected part of our website and follows our unique approach to framing the myriad of outreach activities that you can do: Help Me, Find Me, and Get to Know Me.
- an example of an e-mail that you can send to friends and family to solicit their help in spreading the word about your plans to adopt
- an example of a “business” card that you can distribute as you network and a list of recommended business card suppliers
- Important information about social networking websites and how to use them to network
- specifics related to mass-mailing adoption profiles to those who can help (who to contact, what to send them, how to find them, and what it costs)
- resources to help you understand adoption advertising laws (they differ by state)
- a list of 50+ places to leave your adoption “business” cards (you can use that same card that you will give to your network as more of an advertising tool)
- ways to leverage the Internet to advertise your desire to adopt, including adoption profile registries (with pricing and a rolling 12-month website traffic graph)
- access to almost every newspaper in the U.S. (for advertising purposes)
- links to a diverse set of birth mother blogs so you can better understand their varying perspectives
- ways to create your own adoption profile website and a link of preferred companies with whom to work
- a diverse set of adoption profile video examples
- our research on 20+ toll-free service providers and our top recommendations
- a long list of potential questions to ask expectant parents