When I started My Adoption Advisor I created a clear Mission: Help Families Adopt More Quickly and Safely. Through our training and consulting programs we are accomplishing our goals, as well as helping you reach yours.
My wife and I adopted our two sons in 2005 and 2007. We adopted them both domestically and brought them home from the hospital just a few days after they were born.
After years of infertility and tragic losses we were fortunate to match with each of our children’s birth families in just 4 months from the time we were approved to adopt. We now enjoy strong, open relationships with our children’s birth families. All of our good fortune, however, is not due to random luck. Through My Adoption Advisor I want to share with you details about the strategies that make the most difference.
I bring a unique and valuable set of experiences to prospective adoptive parents, adoption agencies, and adoption attorneys nationwide. With almost 20 years in the consulting and corporate worlds working with technology and designing and implementing training programs, I have personally trained and coached hundreds of people. I use my training and adoption experience and my expertise in the areas of information technology use, project management, change management, and process improvement to help families better understand the adoption process, anticipate bumps in the road, and adopt more quickly.
I received marketing and general business education from two the of top business schools in the country. As a result, my advice includes a strong dose of business sense and savvy. The knowledge and skills that you get from me are based on research and input from adoption professionals across the country. They are well-organized and professionally delivered and are focused on what you need to succeed.
- Advisory Committee Member and volunteer for Adoption Option Council of Minnesota. Provide strategic and tactical guidance and am a frequent adoption panel speaker at high schools around Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Adoption Coordinator for annual Family Building Conference for the Midwest Region of RESOLVE. Design panel topics, recruit speakers, identify exhibitors, moderate and speak on panels.
- Editorial Board Member, RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association. Provide strategic and tactical input for national newsletters.
- Your Adoption Coach Radio Show, Networking and Advertising Your Adoption.
- RESOLVE Teleseminar, Connecting with Today’s Birth Parents.
- RESOLVE Teleseminar, Connecting with Birth and Adoptive Families on the Internet.
- Mary Beth Wells interview for Adoption Journey to Motherhood, Domestic or International: Which is Right for You?
- Sharing Only What You Want in an Online, Digital World, published by Families for Private Adoption in the FPA Newsletter 2011 Volume 3 (Fall), November 2011.
- Avoiding Adoption Scams, published by the National Council for Adoption in their Adoption Advocate #36, June 2011.
- The Role of Prospective Adoptive Parents in Locating Their Future Child’s Birth Family, published by the National Council for Adoption in Adoption Factbook V, May 2011.
- Adoption Billboards: The Pros and Cons, published by Examiner.com, January 13, 2011.
- My Open Adoption, published by RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association, Winter 2010 Newsletter, Resolve for the Journey and Beyond.
- Adoption Outreach: The Path to a Faster Adoption, published by RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association.
- Domestic Adoption, Facebook, and Privacy, published by the National Council for Adoption in their Adoption Advocate #25, July 2010.
- Developing a Strong Family Profile, published by RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association, Spring 2010 Newsletter, Resolve for the Journey and Beyond.
- “Adoption as an Option,” Como Park High School, St. Paul, Minnesota, May 15, 2012
- “Keys to a Faster Adoption,” RESOLVE Family Building Conference, April 21, 2012
- “Adoption Outreach: Ideas to Empower Waiting Adoptive Families,” Focus on the Child Conference for Wisconsin Adoption Professionals, Madison, WI, October 26, 2011.
- “Adoption as an Option,” Roseville High School, Roseville, Minnesota, June 8, 2011
- “Keys to a Faster Adoption,” RESOLVE Family Building Conference, March 12, 2011
- “Adoption as an Option,” Totino Grace High School, Fridley, Minnesota, January 4, 2011
- “Matching with Millennials: Today’s Generation of Expectant Parents” and “Three Keys to a Faster Domestic Adoption,” My Adoption Advisor, and Entrepreneurship,” Adoptive Parents Committee Annual Conference, Brooklyn, New York, November 21, 2010
- “Adoption, My Adoption Advisor, and Entrepreneurship,” Metropolitan Breakfast Club, Minneapolis, Minnesota, August 11, 2010
- “Adoption as an Option,” Mounds View High School, Mounds View, Minnesota, May 20, 2010
- “Keys to a Faster Adoption,” RESOLVE Family Building Conference, March 13, 2010
- “Adoptive Parent & Birth Parent Open Adoption Panel,” RESOLVE Family Building Conference, March 13, 2010
- “Adoption as an Option,” Robbinsdale Armstrong High School, Plymouth, Minnesota, November 19, 2009
- Guest speaker at Lutheran Social Services of Minnesota Outreach Workshop, Minneapolis, MN, October 9, 2009
- “Adoption as an Option,” John F. Kennedy High School, Bloomington, Minnesota, October 1, 2009
- “Adoption as an Option,” Cooper High School, Robinsdale, Minnesota, April 28, 2009
- “Ways to Adopt Domestically,” RESOLVE Family Building Conference, February 21, 2009
- “Adoptive Parent & Birth Parent Open Adoption Panel,” RESOLVE Family Building Conference, February 21, 2009
- “Adoption as an Option,” Mounds View High School, Mounds View, Minnesota, December 12, 2008
- “Guy Talk,” RESOLVE Midwest Family Building Conference, May 17, 2008
- “Letting Go of The Biological Dream – Knowing When To Stop Medical Treatment,” RESOLVE Midwest Family Building Conference, May 17, 2008
- “Making the Decision to Adopt,” RESOLVE Monthly Education Meeting, May 15, 2007
- “Domestic Adoption – Parents Who Have Been There,” RESOLVE Midwest Family Building Conference, February 25, 2006
- “Journeys Through Infertility,” RESOLVE Midwest Family Building Conference, February 25, 2006
- “Making the Decision to Adopt,” RESOLVE Midwest Adoption Series, February 25, 2005